Power query issue in office 365 when site is not in english

d43660555a8e000f99d200f449f6035b

I was really excited to get my hands on Power BI on Office 365 for the first time but then a few moments later I got into a black hole.

Power Query is not returning any data from a sharepoint list. After hours of finding my way and looking around the web. I finally  came across the answer to this issue and I have found out that this is a present bug on non-English site.

Issue Description: Power query fails to get data from sharepoint List when site is not in English

References:

Power Query error when connecting to Office 365 SharePoint site Use English as your #0365 (sub) site’s default language or else…(use oData)

power query

 

**************

Update:

Turns out Odata Feed as an alternative is the better way to go.. 🙂